Oktawave Connector is a plugin for vCenter application, which enables the integration of the local environment managed from vCenter with Oktawave cloud. Using Connector gives the user ability to manage both local machines, as well as instances in the Oktawave cloud from a single application, as well as access to basic operations.
- Oktawave Connector must be installed on the server to which users who perform integration of their local environment with Oktawave cloud have access to (for example, on a corporate server).
- When you uninstall the plugin you must first deregister it from vCenter via a link in the Start Menu, then uninstall the program using the manager.
- To manage users in the event of a "post install" use an appropriate item from the Start Menu folder (Start | Oktawave Connector | Add or Remove Oktawave Accounts).
- For registration/deregistration of Oktawave Connector with vCenter user gets access to the Start menu (Start | Oktawave Connector | Add or Remove vCenter Plugin).
First start of the Oktawave Connector
1. After installing the plugin (the standard installation procedure for Windows), you should open a window in which the user must define the manager.
2. Then a window will appear in which you must register the plugin in vCenter.
3. The creation of a user and register in vCenter.
* - Note the vCenter API field Address (enter full URL in the format: https://serverName/sdk) - typing the address in the correct format, entered user must have administrator privileges in vCenter.
4. At this point, you can add multiple users whose machines will be visible in vCenter. Works by registration of user Oktawave in Oktawave Connector plugin.
5. If all goes according to plan, you will see a confirmation window.
6. Oktawave Connector should be visible in the client, after pointing to the appropriate category.
Basic operations in the Oktawave Connector
Within vCenter, after installing the plugin, there are few basic operations available on Oktawave user machines:
- turn on VM,
- VM shutdown,
- import to the local resource (on local computer, after defining a instance OVF launched in Oktawave is downloaded, which can be imported into the vCenter local infrastructure)
- export machine from local infrastructure to Oktawave (the user should have the permissions for export operations on vSphere environment for this functionality to work).
- Start of a remote console (this is the same console as in Administrator Panel) where it is possible to carry out appropriate actions directly on the machine, located in Oktawave,
- remove the VM.
Uninstalling the Oktawave Connector
To uninstall the plugin:
- unregister it from vCenter via a link in the Start Menu (Start Menu | Oktawave Connector | Add or Remove vCenter Plugin)
- then uninstall using the Program Manager.
In case of problems:
- Make sure that Oktawave Connector runs as a service in the system (Start Menu | Computer | (right-click) Manage | Services & Applications | Services).
- Check if the plugin is registered in vCenter (Start Menu | Oktawave Connector | Add or Remove vCenter Plugin).
- You can turn off UAC running code in the command line as administrator, and then start up the instance.
- Alternatively, you can try to run the setup file with Administrator privileges along with the record of all errors to a file msiexec /i path to the application OktawaveConnector.msi /l*v Log.txt.